Jetwing Eco Holidays
46/26 Navam Mawatha
Our usual office hours are from Monday to Friday from 9am to 5 pm. We do access emails intermittently outside these hours. We are at GMT plus 5 hrs 30 mins.
Tantalizingly beautiful coral fish, including the Koran, Angel, Lion, Scorpion, Parrot, Butterfly, Sweet-lips, can be found in reefs at Hikkaduwa, Tangalle, Weligama and Kirinda. These reefs are ideal for snorkeling.
For Surfing, Negombo, Mt. Lavinia and all the Southern Resort area are good during the period May to October when the winds bring waves for surfing.
Diving is very popular in the resorts of Negombo, Bentota, Unawatuna (Galle) and Hikkaduwa - which is the best place for diving.
There are a large number of ship-wrecks off Negombo, Akurala, Hikkaduwa, Galle and Kirinda with a few sunken aircraft in shallow waters for divers to visit. Our hotels in Negombo benefit from the dive school situated in the Royal Oceanic Hotel and Blue Oceanic Hotels, two Jetwing Hotels. Jetwing Eco Holidays can arrange diving courses for beginners to obtain PADI accreditation or arrange for more experienced divers to go out diving. We can also arrange for wind surfing and other water sports, based from our hotels in Negombo.
Mid November- End of March: West and South Coast
PADI Open Water
This internationally recognized course includes 4 video theory sessions, 4 pool sessions and 4 open sea dives. A certification card and a logbook will be issued. The duration will be 4 to 5 days. Then, the student can purchase other pleasure dives or continue on the PADI Advanced course.On completion a certificate will be awarded along with a stamped log book.
PADI Advanced Course
This course is more an experience program than a real course. This includes 5 different dives as: Deep dive, Orientation dive, Naturalist dive, Peak buoyancy dive and Photo dive. A certification card will be issued. This course can be done just after the PADI Open Water.
If you are an experienced diver we have an itinerary prepared for you.
Certified Divers Package (10 dive itinerary)
Day 1: Arrival and transfer from the airport to Blue Oceanic Hotel (Negombo).
Day 2: Two dives in the morning (surface interval 1:30 hours). Late afternoon is free for your own activities.
Day 3: Two dives in the morning (surface interval 1:30 hours). Leave for a hotel in Bentota.
Day 4: Two dives in the morning. Afternoon theory lesson. Late afternoon is at leisure or you can book an optional excursion.
Day 5: Two dives in the morning. Afternoon at leisure or you can book an optional excursion.
Day 6: Two dives in the morning. Afternoon at leisure or you can book an optional excursion.
Day 7: Leave for airport OR do an optional 3day leopard safari.
Currently we operate in twelve different dive locations, which are reachable within a maximum speedboat travel time of 20 minutes.
Rocks formations with flower corals offer a varied panorama as caves, canyons, walls…etc, in a range of depth from 4 to 35 meters.
- Mada: Rock formation from 4 to 20 meters, perfect for beginners and advanced divers. Big shoal of fishes and interesting macro life.
- Siri: Few fishes but spectacular rock formation including walls, tunnels and swim-through.
- Shark Point: High concentration of big games fishes around two rocks
and coral formations from 17 to 32 meters.
The sea life that can be seen on dives include:
· High concentration of coral fishes as parrotfish, angelfish, buterflyfish,
· Sea fans, black coral, nudibranches.
· Lobsters, shoe lobsters, octopus.
· The Big Guys: groupers, stingrays, jacks, tunas, barracudas, and turtles.
· The Rarities: mantas, whale sharks, whale.
Special Notes for NON DIVING partners
· Non-diving partners accompanying divers will be given a special rate. Excursions can be arranged on request for an additional cost. Please bear in mind that all the costs quoted will be on the basis of a group dive (maximum 4 people). Exclusive diving could be obtained for a very high VIP price.
· Divers should not board a flight until 24 hours have elapsed since the last dive.
Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for current prices.
The costs quoted by us includes:
· accommodation at all hotels
· Transport ( excluding all optional tours)
· 15% VAT
· Diving equipment and educational material which will be used during the courses
The costs quoted by us excludes
· Expenses of a personal nature
· Tips and porterage
Note: Jetwing Eco Holidays reserves the right to provide clients with suitable alternative hotels in the event of a hotel on the itinerary being unavailable due to overbookings or other logistical problems.